My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://rollercoasterweightloss.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Tips and Tricks for Maintaining Weightloss


So far so good, I have been maintaining my weight. I remain committed to my exercise routine. But I worry how can I make sure I don't slip. Change up my exercise routine so I don't get bored- running, elliptical, swimming, weights, rowing, biking. Yesterday I went for a 50 min kayak, I would have gone further but a storm was racing in. I think the key is to set goals. This is how I lost the weight. I set a goal and broke it down into bit sized pieces (it always comes back to food) Commit to running a race. I am going to commit to running in a 10 k race. I am a bit frightened. I really enjoy running and want to keep it that way- I hope this is not too much. Amazing the level of insecurity I can still have after having lost 140 lbs!!! Anyway I always wondered why do people compete in 5k, 10K, half Marathons and Triathlons. Some people are obviously competitive by nature, but there are alot of ordinary people in these races. Maybe committing to these races keeps them committed to training? Heading out to run 7K!

No comments:

Post a Comment