My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://rollercoasterweightloss.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Vacation and Exercise


This caused an enormous amount of stress initially because there was no workout room at our condo. An internet search revealed there was a YMCA about 15 min away, but I didn't want to interfere with everyone else's vacation by being an exercise obsessed nut. But this is a life style change for me. I was so afraid if I didn't exercise I would get out of the habit and slide back to my old ways. So I start jogging on the beach every morning. Don't forget I just recently started running and only had been out a few times. Anyway it was spiritual, the waves crashing, dodging fishing poles the occassional portuguese man of war. What I didn't take into account was how sloped the beach was. After 8 days of running on a sloped beach my hips were killing me I could barely walk. Nice! Turns out it was my IT band and it needed a rest. Running on a sloped beach is not good for alignment. Now what was I going to do. I was swimming lengths but it was always hard to find time when the pool was low volume. I was sneaking in in off hours- sometimes I would take the boys and make it family time.
I always feel like I need cardio other than swimming. So I bought a skipping rope.
How long has it been seen you have skipped? Seems easy enough?? No! I would skip for 10 turns and then it would catch my feet or the ground. It was incredibly frustrating- but I kept at it. I had no other option. In the parking lot of the condo every morning. All I really wanted to do was to be able to run!!! Anyway I hope I never see another skipping rope again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment