My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://rollercoasterweightloss.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Weight loss Surgery


I have battled with weightloss on and off. Each time I lose a significant amount of weight I let go and slide back. Lost about 50 lbs put on during university before my wedding. After two kids- lost 90 lbs and kept it off for a few years. Now I am back heavier than ever. So I researched weight loss surgery. My final decision- it doesn't make sense (for me). Do you lose weight? Yes Can you gain the weight back? Yes Is there a risk of death and complications? Yes Is it easy? No. When it comes right down to it, there doesn't seem to be much difference between the two methods. Weight loss surgery requires calorie restriction- all of the research I did indicated these patients are eating VLCD (very low calorie diets) 700-800 calories and they can gain the weight back if they don't change their lifestyle and maintain low calories. So why put yourself through this? I can understand if your problem is that you don't have the ability to stick to a diet even in the short term. You need physical restrictions. But that is not my problem, I can lose the weight, I just have trouble keeping it off. It is all about a life change. So I have chosen to go down the path of diet and eventually exercise and commit to a lifestyle change permanently! What I am going to do is learn some of the tricks from the weight loss surgery patients. Month 3 down Holy down 19 lbs Total weight loss 50 lbs!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment